Monday, May 11, 2009

A Day in the Life

This is a tough time of the school year for substitute teachers. Midterms are due and you're in the final push to try to get everything you want in before the end of the year. It comes as no surprise to me that I only got called for one day of work so far this week. But, I am keeping busy! Here is how a day at home for me breaks down:

6:40 am - Isaiah slept in! Woohoo!! Time to rise and shine.

7:00 am - After some cuddle time in the recliner and playtime in his room, Isaiah emerges and heads straight to the highchair. Uhoh....that's the last cereal bar!

7:30 am - During breakfast, I unloaded the dishwasher and started putting in the dirty dishes from the counter. Isaiah is done, so he gets hosed off and starts running around to cause trouble. I pull the ingredients I need to make a new batch of Yogurt Cereal bars.

7:50 am - Cereal bars are in the oven! Isaiah and I head to the master bedroom to pick up the mess in there that has been driving me crazy for a week. Clothes: to drawers or hamper. Dusting. Make the bed. Much better. Oh, crap......Isaiah just emptied the garbage can by Evan's nightstand while I brought the laundry basket to the washer. I'll vaccuum later.

8:25 am - Oven beeps. Cereal bars are done! Put them on the counter to cool. Notice that the counter is gross. Wipe off all the counters in the kitchen. Notice that the floor is gross. Mental note: Sweep & mop later! Go and finish up in the bedroom.

8:45 am - Isaiah plays in the shoe pile while I unload the dryer and load the washer.

9:00 am - First time in the living room today! There's a pair of Evan's dirty socks on the floor by the couch. Super. Washer is already going. Chuck those in the hamper and return to the living room. I turn on The Backyardigans for Isaiah and we snuggle on the couch. I ask him if he's ready for a nap. He says, "No!" No surprise there!

9:30 am - Wonder Pets is on. This show annoys me. I think it's time for a nap. I lay Isaiah down for a nap.

10:00 am - Isaiah has been fussing since I layed him down. I've spent the time messing around on my blog, on Facebook, checking the weather, reading the news, snapping photos of the gorgeous flowers my husband got me for Mother's Day, etc. He has finally quieted down! Time to change clothes and go weed my flower bed!!

10:30 am - Finish typing up this silly blog post and decide it is really time to go weed that flower bed. Oooo...I got a new email! I suppose I just check that quick, right?

On tap for the afternoon: Watching a movie with Isaiah, Figuring out what to get from the Schwans guy, getting Isaiah to nap again (please!!!), shower!!!

Isn't my life exciting??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin