- Sleep is precious and neccessary, but the wee hours of the morning have a unique way of creating lasting memories. There's just something special about a 3:00 am cuddle.
- If you're not going to be leaving the house all day, it doesn't matter what your hair looks like. Unexpected guests run the risk of seeing you with bed head and bare face if they show up unannounced. No, the Schwans man does not count as an "expected guest."
- "Family dinner" can be as simple as a box of Macaroni & Cheese with cut up hot dogs. What's important is that we enjoy our time together!
- Follow through! Honor your promises and follow through with your discipline. It's important that your child knows he can trust you and also that you mean what you say!
- PIXAR is the best thing to ever happen to Disney. Ever.
- I never understood why anyone would name a flower "Baby's Breath." Once I had a baby sleeping on my shoulder with his face turned toward mine and I breathed him in....I got it.
- Grandparents will disregard every single rule you have put in place. Unfortunately, they have earned the right to do this and your kid knows it!! The good news? You'll get to do it to them when they have kids. And the cycle continues....
- Blowout bowel movements, massive farts, and loud belches can be some of the most welcome things in the world. Never thought that would happen!
- To your child, you're a superhero. Until they discover Buzz Lightyear. Then you're hosed.
What lessons have your kids taught you??