Squash, Sweet Potato & Peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (generous) cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (I started with 1/4 cup like in the photo, but I bumped it up during the cooking process)
Saute the onion in the butter for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add the squash and saute for 1 minute or so.
Add the sweet potatoes, pour in the stock, then cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
Add the frozen peas, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
Puree in a blender, using cooking liquid as needed to reach the desired consistency.
Here is what this recipe yielded for us: one full ice cube tray full plus two side containers. Not bad!
THE VERDICT: Micah is a huge fan of sweet potatoes and will eat pretty much anything that is mixed with it and this is no exception. Plus, the squash is a great source of beta-carotene and sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin C. Loving this recipe!