Oh, hi! Nice to see you. Yeah, I didn't just disappear despite the lack of evidence around here to prove anything different. I'm hoping this little installment of Blog Your Heart will shed some light on why I've been so absent.
New to Blog Your Heart? Me too! Here's the scoop. I wrote my first post last month and the response was incredible. Thank you again to Stephanie over at Just Me, My Soldier and our 4 little chicks for the inspiration!
Here's how Stephanie describes Blog Your Heart on her blog:
1.Blog whatever is on your heart. It can be serious,silly,angry,happy,blunt,ridiculous. It can be ANYTHING but it has to be authentic. The post can be long or short, doesn't matter.
2.No judging. No snarky comments, no making fun, no passive aggressive digs. If you are going to read the blogs linked in the comments, don't be mean.
Rule #3 (This one is from me....Sarah. Hi.) - Since BYH is about being authentic and "out there," please do leave a comment to let me know you've read it. Even if it's just a HI THERE, it's important to feel validated that we aren't putting our hearts out on our sleeves for nothing.
So there you have it! It's not about writing the most flowery post with earth-shattering truths. It's just about getting it out there. If you're writing a BYH this month, feel free to include a link in the comments.
Here we go.
1. I do not handle stress well. We dropped the price of our house by 10 flipping percent back at the end of May in the hopes it would be the major move we needed to get the house sold. We had two showings right after the price drop and then....nothing. Until Thursday when we were 20 minutes away from packing up the kids and leaving for a day at the waterpark when all of a sudden the phone rings and we have a request for a showing that very afternoon! We had to throw ourselves into a cleaning frenzy and whip our house into shape as best we could in about 30 minutes and then we had to cut our day short in order to make it home from the waterpark in time to collect the dog and make ourselves scarce. Stressful.
2. The stress led me to act like a crabby, petulant child at the waterpark. I fought with my husband pretty much the entire day over nothing. Have you every done that? Just gotten into a funk and then struggled to pull yourself out? I was so embarassed. I was this close to ruining the entire day for my family.
3. I miss blogging. I've been limited to Project Life posts for the past couple weeks not because I've had nothing to write about, but because there has been so much going on that I've felt just overwhelmed. There's been some major developments in my family that have ruffled feathers and created a lot of drama. It's been tough enough to deal with in person and the last thing I wanted to do was muddy the waters by putting it on the Internet. In the end, I just ended up feeling stifled and wrote nothing. But I'm getting there. I promise to share what I can soon.
4. Unless you know someone well enough to share a bed in a hotel room with them, you should not be engaging in a bathroom stall conversation with them.
5. I am about 6 pounds away from my goal weight and I'm already starting to get scared about having to switch into Maitenance Mode. Gaining the weight back just terrifies me!
6. I hate that after losing 61 pounds, I can still make my belly pooch "talk" as if I were some kind of puppet-master running a cellulite marionette.
7. The Lord has brought something wonderful called #shereadstruth into my life. I owe you all a blog post exclusively on this topic, so I will say here is that thanks to these women and this online community, I am finally....FINALLY.....reading the Word of God. Every. Single. Day.
Happy end of June, everyone. Here's to hoping July brings amazing things!!