To sum up, I won't be able to watch the season finale of "Downton Abbey" until Tuesday evening at the earliest. This means that the following things are going to have to happen:
1. I will be forced to avoid about 60% of the usual blogs I read so I don't accidentally read any spoilers.
2. Twitter is absolutely, positively OFF LIMITS until I've watched the show.
3. I will have to stick my fingers in my ears and sing obnoxious songs if anyone starts to discuss the heartbreak that will inevitably have taken place in the household of Lord Grantham.
4. The next couple days will be spent in agony as I wrestle with questions about if O'Brian will get her much-deserved comeuppance, who will have met their untimely end, if Mary is able to deliver a healthy child, and if Edith ends up pursuing her "married to a loony tune" editor. Oh, and Thomas! Goodness knows what's going to happen with that guy! And what if someone ends up having to wear a black tie to dinner again? Carson will absolutely have kittens.
5. Staying up way past my bedtime will be required Tuesday evening and I will likely need to seek therapy on Wednesday after the trauma I will suffer at the hands of this PBS masterpiece.
Oh, Downton. I love thee.
P.S. If anyone shares any spoilers in the comments, they will be immediately DELETED and I will be very, very crabby.
UPDATE: I watched it. I want you to know that I yelled at the television. My fists clenched as I hollered the refrain of "No No No No No!!!!" but all I could do was sit idly by as my heart was broken in pieces. If I had a black armband, I would still be wearing it because for me, the wound is painful and deep. Anyone else in mourning with me?
Image Source: http://chicagomaroon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/DowntonAbbey.jpg