Monday, May 12, 2014

One Orange Flower

The perfect weekend weather around these parts had everyone in Wisconsin bursting out of their skin with excitement.  After what felt like The Winter that Never End, getting two days in a row of sun and temps in the seventies was like a miracle.  We opened up the patio seating at the restaurant and there were people out there all day enjoying the sun and happy hour specials.  Of course, I also had 25 people in the private room enjoying a bridal shower with 30 people right on their heels to enjoy a surprise birthday party and tables in the dining room on top of it all.  When all was said and done, I worked just shy of 13 hours straight on Saturday.  It could have been a little less, but my last table wasn't about to let that happen.  When I brought them their drinks and asked if they were ready to order, the man at the table informed me that I needed to "slow down the tempo a bit because we're going to be here a long time."

Fantastic, sir.  Fantastic.

Needless to say, I was a bit pooped when I got home and as much as I would have loved to just sleep in on Mother's Day, we actually got to church on time and I got to enjoy a fantastic day of appreciation from my hubby and kids.

Makes all the hours running back and forth on my feet seem like a tiny price to pay for such high praise.  They even went to the florist and put together a lovely bouquet for me, each child picking out a different flower to add to the collection. I love how Micah picked out a huge orange gerbera daisy to toss in there amongst all the rule-following roses of his brothers.  :)

Honestly, how cute is this card?

After church I ran into a friend at the grocery store.  Literally, we ran into one another.  He saw me before I saw him and when I finally looked up, I realized there was a cart careening down the aisle headed straight for me.  "There ain't room in this aisle for the both of us!" he hollered as I joined the party and started pushing my cart on a collision course with his.  Of course, we both eased off at the last second because I would assume that the powers that be would probably disapprove of two grown-ups playing Chicken with grocery carts, especially when one of those carts is holding a nine month old.  Right?

Anyway, after my friend scolded me for going grocery shopping on Mother's Day he inquired about the well-being of my kids.  I had to be honest and tell him about the four difficult nights we had experienced where Isaiah would wake up from the sharp stomach pains he was experiencing.  I told him about the emergency room visit and our trip to the doctor where the diagnosis was basically "wait and see if it gets better and come back if it doesn't."  He asked great questions and promised to pray for my son.

I know a lot of you have been praying for Isaiah and I thank you so much.  I have read all your suggestions about possible allergies or stomach ailments that might be causing the issue and I have noted them all so I can ask our doctor about them if and when we have to bring Isaiah back.  As of last night, he still ended up sleeping on the couch because he woke up in pain again.  Rather than keep his brother awake in the bottom bunk, we move him out to the couch to try to get some sleep, but his rest came few and far between for the sixth night in a row.  The pains attack him the worst while he sleeps at night, but they come and go throughout the day as well.  A perfect example is yesterday when he was climbing the tree in our backyard one minute and then found himself grabbing his belly in pain as we walked down our street only ten minutes later.

If we don't see some significant improvement by mid-week, we will be taking him back to the clinic and pushing for some real answers.  Thank you for your prayers and for your suggestions.  Hopefully we can get this figured out soon and get this poor boy some relief so we all can catch up on some much-needed sleep.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin