There is a LOT of good stuff out there on the Internets. I want to make sure that my mamas out there are well stocked with reading material for their morning propped up in bed with a cup of hot coffee and homemade blueberry pancakes served on a lap tray.
Who are we kidding? You're going to read this stuff when you lock the door and sit on toilet for as long as you darn well please because....Mother's Day.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. This is a very small sample of just a few of the pieces that really make my heart leap in my chest when I read them. Some of them are from just this week, some are from years ago. Some make me laugh so hard I pee and others make me cry ugly tears.
Nobody ever said motherhood was pretty.
On What Really Matters
- To My Mama, Who Taught Me the Most Important Thing by Glennon Doyle Melton
- When the Best Times are NOT to Clean the Kitchen by Lisa-Jo Baker
- No I'm Not Trying for a Girl by Jess Collier
|Photo Credit - Brooke Collier Photography, used with permission|
Losing a Child
- I'm Tired by Diana Stone
- 7 Ways to Remember Hurting Mothers This Mother's Day by Lexi Behrndt
- Sophia's Birth Story - A Story of Hope by Kristin Schmucker
Love is Greater Than Blood
- May The Fourth be With You by Beth Woolsey
- On Being Made Real by Beth Woolsey
- When My Heart is Overwhelmed by Kara-Kae James
And one more bonus one from me, one that I'm really proud of:
- What Child Is This? by Sarah Kooiman
I'll leave you with a video that my friend Kristin posted to my Facebook wall that had me experiencing my favorite emotion - laughter through tears.
*Name that movie.